In China, Tea Eggs have been in almost everyone’s life. Especially in the morning, you can find it everywhere: breakfast stands, newspaper stands, convenience stores… Tea Eggs are a common breakfast for students, workers, office ladies…
Today, I am going to tell you how to make this nice flavored Tea Egg at home.
3-4 stalks of spring onion
1/2 tsp of prickly ash
2 star anises
1 red tea bag
1tbsp dark soy sauce
- Add enough water to cover the eggs in a pot, put in the prickly ash and star anises, bring it to boil for 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Put the tea-bag in, wait for the water to cool down, add dark soy sauce, salt and sugar.
- Put the eggs and the spring onion into the pot. Heat it up with a strong heat, when it boils, turn to low heat and boil for 10 minutes.
- Crack all of the eggs with a soup spoon and then boil for another 10 minutes.
- Place the eggs in a bowl, pour the flavored soup into the bowl to cover the eggs. Wait for them to cool down, then put into the fridge for a night.