We like to have few bags of instant noodles in the kitchen just in case. This has been proven a very good idea, especially when you have a lazy day at home. But isn’t it boring to have the same instant noodle soup all the time? Well, actually, there is a lot more you can do with a bag of instant noodles.
Stir-fried Noodles in Soy Sauce
3 bags of instant noodles
1 spring onion
1 tbsp of dark soy sauce
4 tbsp of light soy sauce
1 tsp of vinegar
1/2 tsp of sesame oil
1 tsp of sugar
1/4 tsp of salt
- Heat up a wok with water over strong heat, bring to a boil. Put the instant noodles in, keep boiling for about 2-3 minutes until the noodles soften. Take out, rinse with cold water and drain.
- While waiting for the water to boil, put the dark and light soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and salt in a bowl, mix well. Chop the spring onion, place in the same bowl.
- Heat up a wok with 2 tbsp of cooking oil over strong heat. When the oil is hot, put the noodles in to stir-fry for 1 minute. Pour the mixed sauce in, mix and stir-fry until the noodles are covered by the sauce evenly. Keep stirring for another 2-3 minutes, take out and it’s ready to serve.
- Please note that we are NOT using the seasoning bag that comes with the instant noodles for this dish.
- Both dark and light soy sauce are salty, so no need to use a lot of extra salt, only a little bit is enough.
- Don’t boil the noodles for too long, since you are going to cook them again by stir-frying.
- It is also a good idea to serve the noodles with a fried egg.