This is not a traditional Chinese dish, but a common stir-fry dish in western countries. It is colorful, has a fresh taste and is very easy to make.
Sautéed Chicken Slices with Vegetables
250g chicken breast
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1/2 spring onion
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cornflour
- Cut the chicken breast into slices, add cornflour, 1/3 tsp of salt and cooking wine, mix well.
- Cut the broccoli, green bell pepper and red bell pepper into small chunks. Cut the spring onion into sections and cut the ginger into slices.
- Heat up a pot of water, when it is boiling, put the broccoli in to boil for a minute. Take out for later use.
- Put a wok with 3 tbsp of cooking oil over strong heat. When the oil is hot, put the chicken slices in, stir until the color changes, keep stirring for 1 minute, take out.
- Put a clean wok with 3 tbsp of cooking oil over strong heat, when the oil is hot, put the spring onion and ginger in to stir-fry. When you get a nice smell, take out the spring onion and ginger. Put the chicken slices back into the wok, add light soy sauce, mix well. Add broccoli, green and red bell pepper, stir. Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes, add salt, mix well. Take out and it’s ready to serve.
- Add a little salt to the water when boiling the broccoli, so you can keep the fresh green color of the vegetable.
- You can add a teaspoon of water into the pan if you find it is bit dry while stir-frying.