Home Made Dumplings
500g plain flour
270g pork mince
200g spring onion
3tbsp cooking wine
1tbsp sweet soy bean sauce
1tbsp dark soy sauce
2tbsp cooking oil
2tbsp sesame oil
1/2tsp five spices powder
1/2tsp prickly ash powder
- Put the minced pork and all the seasoning ingredients in a big bowl, stir in one direction until it becomes a paste.
- Finely dice the spring onion, keep about 1tbsp of it for later use and put the rest into the pork mince bowl. Scrape the courgettes into shreds, squeeze the extra water out. Put into the bowl, mix well.
- Put some fillings on the skin and wrap it up. Be sure the edges are finely pinched close so the dumpling won’t open up during boiling.
- Heat up a pot, add 2/3 of water. When the water starts boiling, put the dumplings in. Carefully mix the water towards one direction while adding dumplings so they won’t stick on the bottom. Add two soup spoons of cold water when it starts boiling. Repeat this for the next boil. When it boils for the third time, it is done. Take the dumpling out with a slotted spoon.
- Mush the garlic. Put it in a bowl. Remember we still have some diced spring onion left? Now put those in the bowl, add crushed chillies and a little bit of salt.
- Heat up a small pot, add cooking oil and put the prickly ashes in it. Take the prickly ashes out when you get a nice smell and pour the hot oil onto the crushed chillies.
- Put some vinegar in a pot, bring it to a boil and pour it into the bowl. Add light soy sauce, sesame oil and 2tbsp of cold water, mix well.