I always try to serve more vegetable dishes, and Garlic Broccoli is one of my husband’s favorites. Although broccoli has many nutritional benefits, getting picky eaters and children to eat this vegetable can be difficult. Well, try this one that combines health benefits of broccoli and garlic, plus a great taste.
- Finely dice the garlic.
- Rinse the broccoli out well , and break into bite-size florets.
- Boil 3/4 pot of water, put the broccoli into the boiling water for about 1 minute. Take out and drain.
- Heat a pan or wok, add some olive oil. When the oil is hot, put half of the diced garlic in, when you get a nice smell from the garlic, put the broccoli in, stir-fry for a few minutes, add some salt, and rest of the garlic, mix well for about another minute, turn off the heat.
- I normally break the broccoli and put the florets into a big bowl of water, add some salt, keep for a few minutes, to clean and get rid of the insects.
- Add a little salt to the water when boiling the broccoli, so you can keep the fresh green color of the vegetable.
- You can add a teaspoon of water into the pan if you find it is bit dry while stir-frying.
- You can always use butter instead of olive oil if preferred.