Fried Rice in Soy Sauce

Sometimes after a delicious meal, you will find that you still have a lot of left over cooked rice, if you ask Chinese people ‘what to do?’, 95% of them will say : Make Fried Rice! The rest 5% probably don’t cook…
Fried Rice in Soy Sauce
Ingredients: (serves 2)
400g cooked rice
1 carrot
50g green peas
2 eggs
1 spring onion
1.5 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp salt
cooking oil

Method:
 
 
 
  1. Cut the carrot into small cubes with 0.5cm on each side.Chop the spring onion into same size sections, separate the white and green parts.
  2. Crack the eggs in a bowl, add a little bit of salt and mix well. Heat up a wok / frying pan with 3 tbsp of cooking oil over strong heat. When the oil is very hot, pour the egg in, keep mixing until they become small chunks. Take out for later use.
  3. Put 2 pints of cold water in a pot, place over strong heat, bring to a boil. Put the green peas in to quick boil for 2-3 min. Take out and rinse under cold water.
  4. Place a frying pan with 3 tbsp of cooking oil over strong heat. When the oil is hot, put the spring onion (white parts) in to stir-fry. When you get a nice smell, put the carrot chunks in, stir for 2-3 min. Add green peas, mix well.
  5. Turn the heat to mid-low, put the rice in, mix a little bit. Add dark soy sauce, keep mixing until all the rice are covered by the sauce evenly. Put the egg chunks and spring onion green in, mix well. Take out and it is ready to serve.
Tips:
  1. Add a little bit salt to the water while boiling the green peas to keep the fresh green color of the vegetable.
  2. Always use cold cooked rice for Fried Rice.
  3. Add or reduce dark soy sauce to make the color of the dish darker or lighter as you like, but make sure to use not less then 1 tbsp.

Leave a Reply